Friday, September 11, 2009

Sugar Rush


I have just finished baking a cake in the kitchen and I’m excited to eat it (I thought I start on this blog while waiting for the cake to cool). I have been having these cravings for some reason and I don't know why. It's not just me, my roommate have also bought brownies and cake mix as well. It really worries me because these cravings have become strong...if anyone (woman particulary...jk okay men too) have had these strong cravings for sweets than I'm sure you are wondering the same thing. LET'S find out...

According to (wwww.womentown.com), most women have cravings that are sugar, but could also be carbohydrates and alcohol that are NOT a cause of an eating disorder. Instead are signs of a hormonal imbalance caused by a lack of healthy nutrition." So the next time you think that it is just a craving. Think twice. Sometimes I crave sweets when I’m sad. As http://www.womentown.com/ puts it, “your body is signaling for a pick-me up due to adrenal stress."
This makes a lot of sense when I'm sad I always lose a lot of energy from crying, or worrying about whatever it is that's making me sob. It's just like that old tradition millions of women do they eat a bunch of bon bons and sit on the couch or maybe even eat a tub of ice cream because they got dumped. They are losing a lot of energy because they are hurting themselves even more physically than emotionally. So I guess I'll think twice before I cry; it hurts my throat actually and I end up ruining my whole day just sleeping afterwards. The best things to do when your stressed that worked for a lot of people is going for a drive, taking a walk, or better yet go to the source of the problem. Talk it out with the person responsible for making you feel this way and if that person did something unforgivable and you just can't speak with them, and then you need to talk it out with your friends and family.


My goal to stop this problem is eating foods that have natural sweets such as strawberries, kiwis, bananas, grapes, melons, and oranges. Instead of eating potato chips late at night, I’ll fill up on sting cheese and cherries or make a sandwich. Also, to get to my energy up I’ll keep myself happy by working out. Working out can help improve not only your physical health, but your mental health, such as your mood. When I use to work out I felt really good about the way I looked, but more about my health because it kept me happy and whenever I walked outside I was confident about myself. I wasn’t lazy anymore and I would even have the energy to spend 8 eight hours talking on the phone until 2 am and then run to class and manage to get A’s and B’s in my classes. I literally failed all my tests in one of the classes because I talked on the phone, but I managed to pull a B because I didn’t need sleep, since I was so energized. I wasn’t energized by working out, that took away my energy, but eating the right foods really made a significance in my health. It’s like a getting an oil change: you need to change the oil in order to keep your engine finely tuned. If you don’t take care of the oil change then your engine will start to smoke and die. So stay away from sweets, except on your birthday AND wedding, of course. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment