Monday, September 7, 2009

The Most Common Question Ever Asked: Where Do You See Yourself In Ten Years?


This question (stated above,) is the most common question interviewers will ask. (Yes, This question is much more important than the question about the crocodile and the shark; lol :)). I have been asked this question in grade school like three times. Okay, fine... It was a little different each time because each question asked a different time period. For example, in third grade I was asked, "where will you be in ten years?", in fourth grade I was asked, "where you see yourself in twenty years?", and etc. It's all the same idea though.
Anyways, it's a complicated question, in my opinion.It all depends on what's going on in my life right now. What I do now will affect my future. For instance, I am studying for the LSAT. If I don't do so well I won't see myself as a lawyer in ten years, unless I eventually get the score I need. Another thing that can greatly impact my future is marriage. Who I spend the rest of my life with can greatly impact what kind of a person I am in the future, verses what kind of person I am today. For example, say I marry someone who isn't financially stable, who doesn't come from a good family, and who treats me unfairly. I don't think I would be as happy, or spoiled (or as I'd like to put it fortunate), and I will be really cheap. If that did happen I would definitely change as a person. That experience would make me realize what it's like to deal with financial problems; maybe I would even learn how to deal with unfair people, since I would be living with someone who is unfair. Also, perhaps I won't be as nice as I am today. Perhaps, being with someone who treats me unfair will transform me into a bitter, old Grinch.
That's why it's important to have a strong personality and to hold on to your morals. Being in some situations can change you as a person, but one thing that will never change (I hope) is that I will always hold on to my morals.
Moving on, the response I gave is probably not the response interviewers are looking for and I would never respond that way in an interview. That response however, is okay when asked those types of questions in grade school. In an interview I would say nothing at first, because I would probably choke for a brief moment and then suddenly recollect my thoughts. If things are going according to plan, then I would be a thirty year old lawyer who is married. The reason I see myself as a lawyer is because I have always been passionate about law. I'm all about being righteous and having good morals. I would only break the law if the law was unjust. As for being married, in my culture people always make fun of you if you are old and single. Seriously though, I think settling down is better than playing around...

No comments:

Post a Comment