Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eating Good


I feel good today :). One I am very active. Two I'm getting my nutrition. Three I’m focused in school. Let's start on the active part. I stayed up in the med science library since 7am and then I went home to take a three hour nap. I was very proud of myself because I managed to wake up for class at 11 am even though I had not slept for the full eight hours. Anyways, I don't know how, but I was very focused in class. Probably because it was a psychology law class which is what my major is. After class I came home and ate Lucky charms and fish sticks. It was really random I know. My nutrition has been good because before I went to sleep at 7 am I had raw fish, rice, beans, corn, salad, guacamole, sour cream and cheese on my chipotle rice bowl, yogurt, and a fruit cup. I also had some Arabic rice, green beans, and hummus too, which is also very nutritional. Today I had eggs sunny side up with tortilla, (not so healthy), and egg noodles with onion, tomatoes, green onion, and garlic. I also gave up drinking soda.


Eating good foods has had a strong performance on my well being. For example, after 11 am class, I managed to take a shower, and drive to my doctor’s appointment which was 45 minutes away, without any feelings of fatigue. Then after that I rushed home, printed out my homework for English, cleaned my room, did laundry, and took out the trash. After taking out the trash it was time to go to English class. Immediately after English class, I cooked the egg noodles with tomatoes, onion, green onion and garlic along with the tortilla and sunny side up. Because the eggs were pre boiled it took longer than expected. I spent 2 hours preparing one meal.


Finally, after eating I did some more laundry.It has been two hours now since I started on laundry. I decided to check my d2l while I rest for just a bit, but then I ended up doing homework. And now here I am writing this blog for English 306! It's like I never stayed up last night. Eating right helps the brain function smoothly and that's how I'm active. Hopefully I will be as energized tomorrow. And that's how I stopped procrastination; my body is not sluggish because I eat the right foods. I’m glad I’m not the only one like that. I saw a girl in my 11 o’clock class eating apple chips and another person was eating a granola bar. I noticed that when I’m really hungry healthy food or any kind of food just looks good! If I am not really hungry sometimes I get cravings for junk food, which I’ve learned is only a sign of poor nutrition. Many of the times, healthy food taste good, it’s just many of us are use to eating sweets, burgers, and potato chips because we are living in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment