Saturday, September 26, 2009

Most memorable day: 21st birthday!! ;)

( Tinker Bell fly's at night during the fire works!)
A cool breeze struck past me as we headed off to the library. This was the last thing on my mind I wanted to do..spend thursday night in the library. Thursday is the new friday...this is the time people go out because they don't have class on friday. I always see girls all dolled up and dressed in party clothes. I didn't care to party, but I didn't want to study; at that moment I realized that in 8 hours I would be twenty one! October is usually the time when midterms are around the corner which was why me and my bf were forced to go study that day.

Looking up at the clock I realized that I haven't eaten day...I was about to say hey let's order out when my phone went off. I had received a text from my roommates and sister saying to come join them at Fuku sushi for my roommate's bf's birthday dinner. Little did I know about what the night was going to unfold...

As we ( me and my bf) were walking to university I noticed that none of us had enough money to eat so we decided to pretend like we had eaten a big meal and simply came to socialize with everyone. My stomach begin to growl the moment I stepped into fuku sushi. The atmosphere was colorful with red lights, and people laughing and having a good time eating their ordorful sushi and fried oysters.

I approached the table and noticed that there was no room for me and my bf to sit. I shifted my way through the crowd to grab a chair and bring it to the table. Some people had already ordered food and asked if I was ready to order. I forced a smile and said "nahhh I'm full, thanks though.." Next thing I knew the whole table seemed to be filled with more and more mountains of shrimp, yellow tale, salmon, crab, and fried octopus. My stomach was growling so loud, but luckily it was too loud for anyone to hear. I couldn't focus on anything but the food. I didn't speak to anyone much, just watched them dip the sushi and swirl it around in the tariaki sauce and wasabi. Finally, someone had noticed that I was staring at their food and offered me some; embarrassed that I had done that, I decided to suck it up and smile politely and say " no thanks."

Looking at the clock, I thought that we'd be out of there in no time, but boy was I wrong! The night just kept growing longer and longer. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, but me. I looked at my bf and even he was laughing and joking around with his roommate; I don't think anyone was able to know that he didn't eat the whole night. Seeing his behavior, I decided to socialize more and to stop thinking about food. Before I could do that, I was interrupted by a announcer that was introducing a new stand up comedian.

At first his jokes were okay, I laughed a little softly and smiled, but he didn't make me want to chuckle. As his jokes progressed he sounded more sexual. Everyone bursted out laughing, but me. I don't know why, but to me his jokes weren't that funny. I didn't smile or chuckle, I just stared at those who's faces had turned red from laughter. I was anticipating the time when we could leave, but it just wasn't going to happen. I looked up at the clock..It was passed midnight; about 15 minutes after...and this was how my birthday had began. I was hungry and tired and all I wanted to do was go home and jump in my bed and sing that song "it's my party and I can cry if I want too..."

I couldn't hold my unhappiness any longer! My stomach growled so much, that I grew tired from starvation and decided I didn't want to eat anymore because I was SOO tired and grouchy. My own unhappiness had ruined my appetite. I looked up at people's faces still enjoying the comedian and ignorant of the fact that it was my birthday. I looked over at my bf, his cheeks revealed his bright, white teeth.. how on earth was he able to laugh without any food in his tummy!! I sighed...and looked at the clock. without thinking I blurted out "my birthday sucks!" I thought that people would hear me, but I was wrong the only person who heard me was the people near me. I caught a glimpse of my bf's face from my prepheral vision...I saw his long lashes blinking at me, his teeth had hidden behind the frown that was upon his face. Without any notice I saw him whisper something to his friend and they both suddenly got up and left from the table...

At this point everyone had focused their attention on my bf's and his friend. "Where is he going," everyone asked. I honestly didn't know what was going on, but I really didn't care I was too "what ever" about everything.. All of sudden my bf comes back and holds my hand in his hand and says " We're going to Disney land!" At this I was startled, everyone seemed to be looking at my bf in awe. They all heard the good news and said wow you're going to Disney land!?

I didn't respond cause I was just flabbergasted.. and I said no. His smile disappeared and everyone had looked at me like I was crazy... I replied once more and I said yes...but the fact that I said no in front of everyone just killed it and it was a really memorable day.. we drove to Disney land and all the way back in just one day! This was because my bf wanted to make sure I could make it to class on Friday. Who does that? NO ONE... but, the people who *really* CARE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment