Friday, September 11, 2009

High Heels Kill

(You should click on this image to see all the heel's complications)

I am not suppose wear high heals because i have a tendon problem, but i can't help it. I think every women knows that they shouldn't wear them cause it hurts to walk in them, they leave your feet with blisters, sometimes my feet have even been swollen, and It can cause a lot of serious health problems that I didn't even know about until I talked to my pediatrist.

It makes sense to have a lot of physical problems with wearing heels because it puts a lot of pressure on the rest of your body such as " The arched back brought on by the heeled shoes alters the positions and angles at which joints are allowed to move" ( Kofoid , 1). Jessica Kofoid also states that "the way the heel creates the look of long, muscular legs actually takes away from the propulsive power of tendon and leg muscles. This power has to be taken from somewhere else, so knees, thighs, hips, and buttocks are strained" (1). This makes sense why the heel part of the shoes always ends up breaking when women are running or sprinting. It's so anyoying because then you don't have shoes for the day. I remember the time when i was running to the bus stop and I decided to wear heels to school. My heel broke and I fell flat on my face and hurt my nose on some brick wall outside. I was lucky i didn't fall on the ground or else I could have broke my noise.

So even though women know this why are they still wearing heels? It's simple...to some women like me, it makes them taller, for others it can can make them look more femmine. Wearing heels doesn't only look professional, but also "create a clasic poise and walk,"as jessica states (1). Heels also cover my feet ( so i don't need to get them done ) and also add style to what ever I am wearing. People really do notice a girl's feet when they have heels on. Jessica also mentions in her article, that they are comming up with new highbrid heels that will minimize the strain that normal heels put on the body. These Hybrid heels contain gels, and soles that basket ball shoes have in order to "distribute weight more evenly around the shoe" ( Koifoid, jessica ,1).

Even though I have this tendant problem, I can't stop wearing heels, but maybe instead i'll buy these hybrid heels so there isn't much stress on my tendant, or just save heels only for a special occasion. However, these days I really haven't been wearing heels. Instead I wear flats and they still are stylish and more comfortable. But flats, don't give off the same vibe as heels which is: I have confidence/attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment