Friday, September 4, 2009

New Apartment

I have been living in my new apartment for about a month now! I really enjoy living here because it is a gated community so I won't have to deal with people trying to damage my car or even break my window shield. That may seem like I was living on the south side of Tucson, but in reality it's just a few minutes from U of A actually. The apartment complex was called Arizona Commons 2, which was located on Euclid. It was very unprofessional; they actually lost my file and had me come in to sign another one. Even more ridiculous is that my sister signed my lease and that's illegal! I tried to move out of this place using that excuse, but the land lord said the lease is still valid even though my sister had signed for me. I didn't want to get my sister in trouble so I just agreed to stay; it wasn't my sister's fault because they told her to sign for me. One night during my stay at AZ commons, someone had pulled my Mercedes Ben's bumpers out. I don't exactly know why because I had no enemies so I don't know who was responsible. I think it was out of pure jealousy because maybe I had a nice car lol; who knows. Not only was the area bad, but it really sucked to live with my sister and her friend. My sister would always invite people into my room and she'd leave the place completely filthy; smelling like hookah. Her friend Leena didn't do these things, but she never cleaned the place. I was the one who was always doing the dishes and taking out the trash. At least now at my new apartment the place is clean, but I'm still the only one who takes the trash out. This place does come with a dish washer, which I absolutely love and a laundry machine too. The only bad thing about this place is that it isn’t furnished. There is another topic I have to tell you about. My roommates didn’t bring any new furniture for the apartment and it was all me!! I brought a coffee table, a DVD player, a TV stand, a large dining table with chairs, stools for the countertop table, and not to mention a leather couch! I didn’t want my roommate’s friends to use my couch because I don’t trust them; so I decided to move the leather couch in my room! Another luxury about my apartment is that I have a huge room with a bathroom inside! It’s the same size as the master bedroom; the only difference is that I don’t have a walk-in closet. This apartment complex feels just like a house without a garage. It takes a lot to manage this place. We have to set up the water, cable, internet, gas, and electric. None of the water, electric, gas, and internet is included in the rent fee; we have to pay those separately. Guess who ended up setting those things up…? That’s right ME! One of my roommates, Dilisha, brought dishes and other things for the kitchen like pots, pans, cups, etc. I’m glad she did SOMETHING lol. It’s okay though I’m better off in this new apartment than the old one at AZ commons so I should be thankful and I am :).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sneaky Snaha. I am glad that you are getting somewhat settled now :) I have enjoyed reading about your start-of-the-semester living conflicts. Keep up your daily writing. Remember you need 5 posts a week to get your full 10%.

    ReplyDelete