Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Wrting Process


It is about 5 pm during the time when the weather is cooler in Tucson. I opened the door and jam my keys into the hole, desperately trying to get inside after a long 8 hours at school. I slam my bag down after a tiring day at school and fling myself onto the couch with the remote in my hand. The last thing I want to do is start my writing assignment. I try to watch Tv, but I am too stressed out and paranoid that I won't be able to finish my homework on time. I decide to suck it up and go to a nice quiet room that's dark and cold. I sit there on my wooden desk and chair wondering how I can get out of this assignment. Maybe I can say I was sick and drop the assignment off later? Bur what if my professor never gets’s the assignment? Not only will I loose attendance points but also my paper loose points. Finally, I pull out the assignment. I think to myself what is this assignment really asking me to do? I began by opening word and just typing random things. Then I notice that I have found my topic. “Let’s see all I have to do is write 5 sentences to make a paragraph." I began to write five sentences down and these ideas start to form a paragraph. These five sentences branch out to be my topics for the next three paragraphs... all I have to do is write 5 sentence per paragraph, that's 5 paragraphs = 25 sentences. I start to organize my paragraphs into an outline. I sigh with relief and say "This assignment is nothing!"


As I am finishing up my assignment I realize that it’s already time for class. I decide to print my paper at the last minute and run to school. It’s time to peer review what we’ve written. As I read my other group member’s papers I realize that I treated my paper too seriously. When reading their paper, there was a lot of mistakes and that was okay because it’s just a draft. I stressed myself out for nothing. Particularly because I hate when other people read my paper; they might think what I wrote is crap, so I have to make the assignment worth reading. I carefully read each peer’s papers trying to help them fix as many mistakes as I can, so they can better their paper. Finally, my paper is returned to me. I see that they haven’t really edited my paper. There are a few under linings and circles, but there is no big change. I ask them what I can do to change my paper, but they say there is nothing to change. I realized that they don’t really care about my paper, they were just anxious to get out of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment